Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

Default Did I just waste money on ebay??

"wayne mak" wrote in
:

I agree I looked at enco and they sell one that looks just like it,
this one seems to have a different tool holder, maybe some sort of
option, any how I will be bringing cash when picking up.

Here is the MSC one that I was thinking of:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1803254&PMT4NO=5138848

Looks about the same. For 300 bucks I would expect that it has a couple of
issues. Let's face it, it wasn't a Cincy Monoset or a K.O. Lee to start
with, but I think it's a very good deal. Seems the sellers negative
feedback was over a lost item and some slow shipping. Which shouldn't be a
factor on a pick up.

What are you planning on using it for? It's a small 1/2 HP single phase
machine, so it's probably better suited to sharpening than making tools
from a blank. But if you're not in a hurry, I suppose you could make tools
from scratch.

--

Dan