Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Default Is Government Liquidation contractually required to be braindead?

Ignoramus12893 wrote:

I never could imagine that resin could hold up in an application like
this. Very interesting.

I used Moglice on my Sheldon rebuild, and am very happy with the
results. The pressure, in Lbs/sq in is very low on machine tool slides.
This stuff, when set, is nearly as hard as aluminum, maybe. It does
scrape several times faster than cast iron, but is still quite a solid
material. My big worry was that I would not apply it right, and it
would break up and not stay attached to the carriage. But, it has held
up really well!

Jon