Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Kitchens - MFI v B&Q v Wickes

On 26 Feb 2006 09:12:33 -0800, wrote:

Looking at a largeish fitted kitchen from one of these 3 companies.
Including installation and oven / hob / hood / washer/dryer and
dishwasher.

Any big pluses or minuses with any of them in your experiences?

Cheers,

Fred.

In my experience, the MFI ones have the chipboard on the floor, which
means if the floor is not level you have to pack them up, and also the
chipboard soaks up any water. The B&Q ones have ajustable plastic
legs.

Overall I thought B&Q units were more solid than MFI. I have B&Q units
in a cottage I rent out to holiday makers, after 3 years they still
look almost as good as when new. I can't say the same of any of the 3
MFI kitchens I have had.

Rick