Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default HVAC Fan Runs 24/7, Please Add Opinions. Thanks

"Stretch" wrote

Dr.

What if?

It is possible but not likely that they used a color other than Green
for the blower control wire. Even the old Lennox systems used Green,
and they had the weirdest color code out there.

Ain't Lennox wiring great? I like the old V and VR terminals. or York's 66
and 60 ones.

The nail through the wires is possiblity, but then disconnecting the
green wire AT THE FURNACE would stop the blower, which would show the
thermostat OR thermostat cable is at fault, as I said in my post.

Same thing for pinched together.

I said to disconnect it at the FURNACE so the thermostat cable would be
included in the test.

O.K. I guess the way I read it, it sounded like you said to disconnect it
from the thermostat:

"Stretch" wrote

Go to the furnace, shut the power off and disconnect the green wire
from the thermostat