Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Foxhunting - was Part P conudrum.....

In article , Roger
wrote:
how someone who has decided to end their life can justify that decision
after the event and would very much like to see your conclusive
evidence.

Think about it - and let us know when you have worked that to its
conclusion. You *should* be able to work out where you have confounded
yourself! ;-)

You have no evidence, conclusive or not, so you resort to your usual mode
of mindless denigration.

Not surprisingly experimental evidence doesn't include your scenario. That was
fairly easy to work out - and just because consciousness can be best described
in the way I mentioned doesn't mean that we always jutify our actions - far
from it as we describe many actions of ours that we don't like as
'carelessness' or 'accidents'. And in your carefully designed 'rubbish your
opponent' scenario there is likely to be time for justification between action
and death - and even if there isn't, so what?

Try reading philosophical texts referring to the Mind/Body problem and
Freewill should you want to follow this further.