Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adam Preble

Default Where to get Magnavox flyback transformers

Jerry G. wrote:
Since the FB is bad, chances are that there are other problems to also
be serviced. Considering the age of the set, I would not be confident
in its rerliability.

Well, a fusible resistor is open, and one of the transistors shorted on
the collector and emitter. I don't have a resistor yet, but I got the
transistor. I figured I'd pick up a resistor in spec somewhere in town.

I've had the transistor for a few weeks now, waiting for the
transformer. So something else did go with it, but that transformer is
the problem right now.