Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Default Honda GC190 5hp pressure washer problems

mtlmark23 wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm new here, so guide me if I'm in the wrong forum let me
know plz.
Recently my pressure washer has been acting up on me. After running for
several minutes until hot, the motor looses power while in use until the
point engine stalls out. Automatic choke opens and closes constantly
causing engine to rev up and down several times before stall occurs.
When I try to crank it up again, it takes several tries to get it
running only to have it stall all over. Oil has been changed often,
fuel always fresh and full, air cleaner is very clean and carb. has
recently been removed to be checked for proper functioning and
cleaning. Any ideas, please throw them my way. Thanks for any help.

This is characteristic of a bad magneto coil. You might check
for blockage of the cooling air flow, but most likely the coil
is fried. When it gets hot, the insulation breaks down, and the
spark becomes very weak.

Jon