Posted to alt.home.repair
MG

Default Hot Water -- Faster

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've been thinking about adding a small recirculation line to reduce
the waiting time for hot (warm?) water at the kitchen sink. The other
option I've thought of would be to wrap the pipe with heat wire. Since
I have an electric water heater I don't suppose there is a difference
efficiency-wise. Has anyone played with this problem? Thanks.

How much energy does a recirculation pump system waste.
I am more interested in the heat loss in the pipes rather then the
electricity to run the pump.

Granted that it depends on how long and how well insulated is the pipe.
Some of the heat is not lost, it goes back in the house.

I am just trying to assess cost of operation versus cost of wasting water.

Can the pump be installed relatively easily in a built house?

Thanks
Mauro