Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default Where to get Magnavox flyback transformers

The D7 chassis was exactly the one that I was thinking of. Other than that,
and the Sony BA5 ABL resistor, I have found it to be rare to have to replace
other parts.

I think the point is that a consumer or weekend mechanic trying to fix
anything that he is not familiar with should be aware that there are
infinite possibilities for complications.

Leonard

wrote in message
ups.com...
I like how the flyback being bad was diagnosed on the newsgroups. LOL
I guess the set is not worth having it properly diagnosed by a
technician given its age and known additional issues, cloudy coolant.

Yes, in many more cheaper designed sets, like Philips, when the flyback
fails it does usually require some additional parts. Not often much
more than the HOT, but sometimes much more, NAP D7 chassis comes to
mind for one.