Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx

Default wood filler for exterior use

Hey Preston, what's up w/ your wesbsite? And thanks for the reply.

Thanks a heap,
-Zz

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:35:09 -0600, "Preston Andreas"
wrote:

First clear out all the soft and rotten wood that you can. Then, use minwax
woodhardener http://www.minwax.com/products/woodmaint/hardener.cfm . Then
fill with their wood filler which is similar to plastic body fillers like
Bondo (which I use as much as their filler). If you don't clear out the bad
wood, the filler may eventually fall out.

Preston

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
.. .
My house is 20 yrs old, in the Central Valley of N. Calif. I've got a
couple fascia boards (2X6 fir) that are showing age: the ends have
split a bit and look a bit ragged. There isn't' any major rot or
deterioration yet.

I plan to srape the paint off, sand smooth, fill the gaps and rough
spots, prime and re-paint.

Q: What is the best exterior wood filler for this use?

Thanks a heap
-Zz