Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

Default How much gap for glue for these joints....?

if you have to hammer or use clamps to pull the joint together, it's too
tight.
if you put it together dry and it wobbles around, it's too loose.

the wood and the shoulders should support the joint, and things should
slide
together snugly on dry assembly - that's all there is to it.

That would make sense , but I hope u realize I was talking before, and after
glue, respectively. I have no doubt that no joint component could hold
itself in position against gravity before being glued in all sides. (4
sides is too many...). the standard tooling vs. standard sized plywood I
have closely avialable wouldn't hold the weight of a match. I am curious
now what the point of undersized plywood router bits are. I saw a set where
the 1/4", 1/2", and 3/4" where all 1/32" undersized. I can (now) see where
you may want these for end gluing the joint (there would be no room side to
side), but these are about tightm dry, and leave no room for glue. As I
mentioned earlier, others Frued or Infinity, sell 1/16" under.