Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Question on return air grille in basement

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been living a year and a half in a 4 level split with a hot air
furnace with the addition of A/C. There are return ducts on each floor
including one in the basement at the floor near the furnace. This is
the only return grille that can be open or closed. The rest are fixed
open.
Someone had marked the grille "open for cooling, closed for heating" .
But I think this is wrong. I believe if you open the grille for
heating, it will pull down the warm air to floor level in the basement

You want to pull low pressure hot air DOWN? Let me know how this works.

Hot air rises, cool air settles Getting air to do other wise is note
worthy.