Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

Default STRS6301A runs hot in a KV27EXR25

Sony themselves do not do the testing. The manufactures do this for
them, as part of their purchase agreement. This is why you will hear
many service people like myself, that when buying the original parts,
there are much less recalls.

--

Jerry G.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message

"Jerry G." wrote in message
ups.com...
You are best off to use the origional part from Sony. They use test
selected parts. I have had greater amounts of recalls when using non
origional Sony parts.

Make sure with the new one, the IC surface and heat sink surfaces are
both very clean. Apply new heat sink compound to both surfaces. Make
sure that the mounting is tight.

Jerry G.

Do you have some specific info regarding the nature of "test selected"?
keep hearing this, but other than rank specifications, Sony has told me
several times over the years that they do not test parts from OEMs, do
not
match pairs, and do not have QC on parts from vendors that goes beyond
the
spec that they supply to them. They have in some cases specified hfe
rank
on semis, but in this case did not. The original part is the 6301,
while
the tighter spec from Sanken was the 6301A. What you get when buying
through Sony is some assurance that the part is not a counterfeit, and
possibly the correct gain ranking. In the case of the 6301, we have
received the 6301A from Sony at times when ordering by their part number
which lists the 6301. I have compared the two several times, and
compared
the same part purchased for a fraction of the Sony price in the same
power
supply and found no differences. I have also tested other Sony supplied
parts against the same parts from other vendors and actually found
GREATER
variability in the Sony supplied parts. This is likely due to batch
variations over time. In some cases, Sony or another vendor may make
specifications for parts that vary from the OEM standard version, but
this
is not one of those cases.

I suggest knowing the parts and making a sound decision rather than
relying
on the myth that Sony supplied parts are somehow different than those
from
the OEM.

Leonard