Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

Default Magnetized meter

Mike Muderick wrote:
Tried all of the above. There is no zero-adjust screw. Took the
plastic cover off to try and discharge any static electicity.
Nothing is bent- meter wasn't dropped- It just won't go back to zero.
mm

"Reinhard Zwirner" wrote in message
Mike Muderick schrieb:

I have a battery tester meter (Mallory) that came from a retail
store. The meter is magnetized and now sits center scale, instead
of over to the left. Any solutions to return it to it's normal
state. I tried reverse polarity- it goes to the left, but then
returns to center.

I've seen such an effect when the transparent plastic cover of the
scale has
been wiped intensively for cleaning purposes generating electrostatic
charge.
Try to breathe on the plastik to discharge it.

HTH

Reinhard

Maybe the internal magnet shifted.

Mark Z.