Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

Default How deep into the wood should a screw go?

actually everything about any screw you can buy is predetermined. I read
Machinerys Handbook. There are pages upon pages of indexes on everything
you could want to know. Its a book about a book. Then its a book. There
are no surprises in fasteners. Its just easier if you can just pick up one
screw that ain't gonna do it and if you have a basic knowledge you can count
the ways to get where you are going. You can shop at HD without moving your
feet. But the calculations! You ask. It gives. Before you can ask. Its
not big onn wood though, there is a bit of info. I'm not looking.