Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Furnace filters

Consumer Reports likes the disposable Filtrete from 3M. Although you are
throwing away a $15 filter every 3 months, you don't have to wash it and it
works better than many permanent washable filters. Also some of those have
disposable parts any way. Make sure you have an adequate air mover because
a good filter does slow down the air unless it is one of those
professionally installed ones that are several inches thick.

"Michindo" wrote in message
et...
The filter we're using in the furnace is the cheapie one that costs
maybe a buck or less but it only stops the bigger stuff that would
hurt the blower. I would like one that would filter the very small
stuff. Right now the TV screen catches most of the dust. I see many
different kinds but don't know how good they really do. Would
like something below 100.00. Does anyone on here have a good
recommendation? Thanks
Dennis