Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default An electrical grease for a light bulb?

"Gary Dyrkacz" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:09:29 GMT, Mys Terry
wrote:

As for Vaseline, I have heard that it can cause problems
(corrosion).
If you are going to use a product like that I suggest the dielectric
grease made for electrical contacts. It is available in many auto
part
stores in small inexpensive sizes.

I can't see how Vaseline could cause corrosion. That's like someone
suggesting that motor oil causes corrosion or that wheel grease causes
bearing corrosion.

Some products sold and labeled as "Vaseline" can and will produce carbon
particles when heated. FACT

Some products sold and labled as "Vaseline" may be either acidic or
caustic.
FACT

Calling this a FACT is bending the truth a bit.

One time a thing occured to me
What's real, and what's for sale?
Blew a kiss and tried to take it home

It isn't you, isn't me
Search for things that you can't see
Going blind, out of reach
Somewhere in the vaseline

Two times and it has rendered me
Punch drunk and without bail
Think I'd be safer all alone
Flys in the vasoline we are
Sometimes it blows my mind
Keep getting stuck here all the time

You'll see the look and you'll see the lies
You'll eat the lies, and you will.

It isn't you, isn't me
Search for things that you can't see
Going blind, out of reach