Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default 24" solid core door for furnace closet?

On 24 Feb 2006 23:04:27 -0800, "foz" wrote:

Furnace gets air from three returns. The current door is a hollow core
door but it has a dent in it which is why I want to replace it.

The dent is on the outside right? (If it were on the inside this
would be easy.)

I don't know how hard it is to get a solid door.

I was going to suggest attaching something to the door to deaden the
shound, probably on the inside. I don't know what. but how about
putting something on the outside, which will cover the dent also. Or
you could put, or you could put on top of that, racks to hold food,
tools, whatever you need more space for. If this were loosely
attached it might add to the noise, but I'd have to hear the noise to
give a better prediction. And it doesn't have to be loosely attache.d

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.