Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Cheneys hunting buddy has a heart attack

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:25:44 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

The neocons were having a rough week or two even before they started
shooting their friends.

Neocons have -friends-? Whoda thunk it?

Fukuyama's article was great, BTW.

Yeah, he's a very glib guy, and a smart one. He always shines an interesting
light on politics and history.

He's especially good for things like this, giving a good rundown of
neo-conservatism, especially because he was one of the important thinkers
and philosophers in the whole neocon project. But don't take him without
some skepticism.

I seldom work without a shaker of salt handy, Ed. I don't read enough
current trend data to formulate the overviews these guys do, so I
welcome the summaries I'll never reach on my own.

He has the heart of a writer/professor, with an overweening
need to have it all make sense, even when it doesn't make a lot of it.

Heh heh heh. That last sentence shows that you grok the concept in its
entirety.

--
It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.
--Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)