Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Where to buy small springs.

Colin Stamp wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:07:06 +0000, Colin Stamp
wrote:

Hi all,

I need six compression springs, about 20-30mm long and fairly stiff,
to go over M5 screws. They're for some home-brew headlight aim
adjusters.

Looking online doesn't seem to be turning up anything suitable. I
guess I need someone that does model engineering supplies or
something like that, but a quick online search doesn't seem to be
turning anything up.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Colin.

Thanks all for the help.

I'd seen the selection packs in a few places. They look like they'd be
handy for other stuff, but I'm guessing I'd have to be pretty lucky to
get one with 6 of the springs I need in it.

I hadn't even thought of trying RS. They do some that look like they
might do, but are probably a bit on the light side. Checking the data
sheet, they turn out to be made by Springmasters, who were one of the
suggestions anyway, so I think I'll give them a ring on Monday. The 15
quid minimum order is a bit annoying, but I can always buy a selection
pack to make the price up...

Thanks again,

Colin.

Visit a scrapyard and take as many off a car headlights as you can.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite