Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay

Default Where to buy small springs.

"Colin Stamp" wrote in message
news
Hi all,

I need six compression springs, about 20-30mm long and fairly stiff,
to go over M5 screws. They're for some home-brew headlight aim
adjusters.

Looking online doesn't seem to be turning up anything suitable. I
guess I need someone that does model engineering supplies or something
like that, but a quick online search doesn't seem to be turning
anything up.

Any ideas?

May be a bit large in diameter but try "Halfords" (or another car factor)
and ask for a brake shoe retaining kit. These are pretty cheap and include a
spring, a sort of pin with a keyed end and a dimpled washer. Lots of cars
use them and they are a readily available replacement bit. Halfords use to
do them in the "odd and sods" kits.

--
73
Brian