Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Brophy

Default POWER TWIST V BELTS ?

I think I have read of machined steel pulleys and fenner belts offered
for the unisaw aftermarket items, this link:
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...fullstory.html
refers to the fenner belts as "a recommended accessory from the
experts at popular woodworking to reduce vibration" and the link:
http://www.americanfurnituredsgn.com/tablesaw_tune.htm recommends
replacing the "inexpensive cast pulleys on the unisaw with machined
steel pulleys" to improve operation.
I also use a (Dewalt) blade stabilizer whenever I can since I use a
lot of 10" blades that are thin kerf, 80-120 teeth, carbide tipped and
it seems to help make even smoother cuts than without one.

The link belts are just one of many technical improvements for
equipment, but if it will reduce the transmitted vibration from a
single belt machine one would think that it help reduce the vibration
transmitted even more in a multi belt configuration. Fenner has been
supplying this technology to the commercial/industrial large scale
market for much longer than they have marketed into the smaller
equipment market as evidenced by the examples of many multi belt
solutions shown on their web site, however I am no engineer, I just
know what has worked for me in regard to this technology....Joe.

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:13:43 -0600, "Darrell Dorsey"
wrote:

What kind of table saw. I used them on my old Jet CS saw. But not on my
Delta Unisaw? The consensus seems to be not on Cabinet saws with multiple
belts. Although I have some on a Grizzly 8" jointer with two belts. And
have no problems. The did reduce a lot of vibration but the stock belts
were crap.

Darrell

"Searcher" wrote in message
newsoOLf.546$SJ2.75@trndny01...
My idea is to put it on my table saw. sound good?

Thanks
Searcher