Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil Hansen

Default Router Mortising Jig?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:27:50 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

I am assuming that the FMT will allow routing angled mortises in end stock
with the same apparent ease and precision that it will do it's tenon tricks,
but have been unable to get a solid yea or nay on that score?

... and I tend to agree with Leon's wisdom on the matter. One who pays that
much for a _jig_ may be a tad reluctant to freely admit that it is not the
cat's meow.

I have a FMT, it does a lot of work and I am very happy. It will do
angled mortises and tenons. It requires a bit more set up time though.
Last week I did 264 M&T joints for kids tables and chairs in just
under 4 hours. That works out at under a minute per joint.
Although an expensive outlay it has been worth it.
Cheers