Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John

Default Smarter Programmable Thermostat?

buffalobill wrote:

John wrote:

Also for heat pump thermostats, are there any out there that will not activate stage 2 (electric aux heat) during normal setback recovery. If it is 45 degrees outside, I don't want the aux heat immediately coming on every morning just because the thermostat is set to warm the house to the morning temp setting.

http://www.honeywell-thermostat.com/...thermostat.htm

Fascinating, because that's exactly the model that prompted my
question! The house has one Honeywell 8611g and one Lennox branded
Honeywell thermostat that looks to be the exact same thing. (I'm not
sure if the Lennox branded one has any additional features, doesn't
appear to and the instructions are very basic). In both cases a normal
setback recovery causes the AUX heat to come on, which consumes a lot of
energy unnecessarily (and also ramps up the fan to the noisy high
setting).