Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John

Default Smarter Programmable Thermostat?

Tomes wrote:

"John" wrote in message ...
Are there any thermostats (any type) that are smart enough not to
turn on the heat at 10:55 when they are programmed to set back at
11:00? It seems wasteful and hard on the equipment to do so.

In this case I would just set it for 10:55. The time set is when the
instruction changes.

That's great, but that's not what I'm looking for, since a call for heat at
10:54 is the exact same scenario in your case. The exact time of the
setback isn't important, prevening an unnecessary short cycle by turning on
just before setback time is.