Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John

Default Smarter Programmable Thermostat?

wrote:

John wrote:

Also for heat pump thermostats, are there any out there that will
not activate stage 2 (electric aux heat) during normal setback
recovery. If it is 45 degrees outside, I don't want the aux heat
immediately coming on every morning just because the thermostat
is set to warm the house to the morning temp setting.

I have a Honeywell CT3611R that I use with my heat pump. It has "Smart
Response Technology" that turns the heat pump on early so that it
gradually reaches the target temperature by the time you program
without using the strip heater. It has been a huge savings for me.
You can see one at:

http://todaysconcept.com/honeywell-c...ROITrakid=1790

I'm sure you can search and find one cheaper also. I have to say that
I bought mine on E-bay for around $22. It was new in the package and
has worked great for 2 years now.

I'll look into that model. I once used the single stage CT3600 (same series I think) for
a gas boiler operation. One thing I liked about it was that it kept a daily and a
resetable log of the time the system operates. The Honeywell 8611 has the "smart response
technology" too, but it doesn't seem smart in my case.