Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster

Default FEMA travel trailers and the bigger ones.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The problem with this thinking is you will make the next disaster
worse if you have a significant number of people still living in the
flood plain.
Flooding is not just a summer thing.

If YOUR home were destroyed what would YOU prefer?

A trailer on site of old home?

B Homeless?

Trailer werent designed for permancy, and its up to everyone
government, insurance companies and individuals to see rebuilding
actually occurs!

Many were poor foilks who now have NOTHING because oif governmment
incompetence! Caused by ignoring the levees!

I think the feds should pay for rebuilding for the poor without
insurance

I bet you do.Well some of us don't want money stolen from our familys to pay
to rebuild a house for somebody in a flood plain.Especially when the house
was probably paid for the first time with government checks...Money that was
taken from hard working people who are striving to stand on their own 2 feet
without a government handout.
And don't start in about it being poor folk.I grew up in a poor
agricultural area.I have harvested tobacco all day in 100 degree plus
tempratures for $1.25 an hour.and peanuts..and hay.I am talking about real
work that most of those "poor folk" would not even think of doing.
Now I earn a decent living because I Learned skills and I still work harder
than the average person.So don't start talkin about stealin my hard earned
money and giving it to people who are not willing to work ..who are not even
willing to move.