Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce Barnett

Default Machining thin disks on a lathe

writes:

Bruce,

I have 4-soft jaws on my Grizzly 7x12 (bascially same lathe as yours).

Get the Taig 4 Jaw 3 1/4" dia. self centering scroll chuck (steel body)
with aluminum soft jaws 3/4-16 thd. Then get the 3MT to 3/4-16 thread
adapter from LittleMachineShop.com. Then make your own draw bar from
threaded rod to hold the 3MT taper adapter in the spindle.

Thanks!!

archiving this message and upping your score in my score file. You
are the second I've done this to. DoN was the first. You guys are great.