Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Ken Smith

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

In article eIlLf.421$fL3.193@fed1read01,
Mark Fergerson wrote:
Ken Smith wrote:

Unfortunately, "attractors" only appear when the data is displayed in a
form that allows you to see them. You need to plot two interdependant
variables as X and Y to see them. This makes them hard to demonstrate for
the climate issue.

X and Y plots are for 2 variables; the Wiki page shows _lots_ of
interdependent variables (FTM there are variables it doesn't even
mention). There's no rule against plotting multidimensional attractors;
the "classic" Lorenz strange attractor must be shown in 3D.

Yes, I should have said "two or more" dimensions.

In the case of modelling climate, you _have_ to include all of them
(at least in the interest of preserving intellectual honesty).

I disagree with this statement. We ignore "unimportant" things all the
time when we model things in electronics.

Yes, it's
hard, but that's no excuse for going all Chicken Little when _one_ of
them shows a trend

Nor, is the fact that there are other variables and excuse for ignoring
the threat. If we assume that temperatures are increasing and that this
will result in bad stuff, why not take a shot at reducing the effect. We
would be making a bet. If we do nothing we are making a different bet.
Right now, it seems to me that the safer bet is to seee if we can reduce
the C)2 output.

forging knowledge