Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:57:58 GMT, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:49:28 -0700, Mark Fergerson wrote:
We simply cannot wield energies on natural scales.

This prompted a little thought experiment - what would have happened if,
while Katrina was marshaling her forces right plop on top of the Gulf,
what if we'd dropped a little nuke right down her eye, with an air burst
at about 8,000'? It'd blow the whole thing away, right?

A good hurricane sucks up heat energy at something equivalent to
hundreds of h-bombs per second. It wouldn't even notice a nuke.

John