Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Funny new book - "CrapCars"

Tim Wescott wrote:

Steve B wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

I hate to admit this, but when I was poor, young and dumb in the
mid-70's I owned two of the cars in this book - 1974 Mustang II and
1973 Chevy Vega.

The only thing good about the Vega is it had a heated rear window, so
your hands didn't get cold when you had to push it!

Now own a 2005 Honda Accord coupe.

Ed Ferguson

A neighbor of mine and I came home one day with a new car each. I had a
Datsun 210, and he had a Chevette. He proclaimed what a piece of ****
car I
had bought. I said we'd see as the cars aged. His Chevette was forever
tossing timing belts (not chains) and wouldn't start half the time. My
Datsun ran for lots of years before I sold it, and I only put on tires,
brakes, and a distributor.

STeve

I can just imagine the Vega team at Chevrolet asking themselves "what
did we do wrong the last time?".

"Well, it kinda looks good and with a bit of work it can be made to go
fast."

Then they made the Chevette.

Just a minor nit but the Vega was foisted on Chevy from On High.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate