Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Dave Hinz

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:34:14 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 04:38:25 +0000, Pooh Bear wrote:
John Larkin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:17:53 -0800, "Richard Henry"

The first car I owned I never changed the oil. I just put in a half-quart
every time I filled the gas tank.

Yeah, I had a British car too.

Yawn...........
Very tired joke indeed.

Not necessarily a joke -

Indeed. Graham knows (or should, anyway) that the early Saab cars used
2-stroke engines. It's rather a lot of fun. For best pre-mixing, you
take a quart of the 2-stroke oil (synthetic yamalube is my preference),
dump that into a one-gallon gas can, add 2 quarts of gasoline, shake it
up, dump it in, and then fill the rest of the way up for an 8-gallon
fill. Quite the production. I was doing the thing with the stuff, and
this guy is just _staring_ at me, wondering WTF my problem was. I gave
him a look, said "Well, it's 30 years old and I can't find the oil
filler, so I just dump it in this way and hope for the best".

The look on the guy's face was priceless.

Looks like this beastie only not in as good of condition:
http://winktimber.com/vintagerally/c...ab/racsaab.htm