John Armstrong

Default 18v circular saws - any good?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:06:08 GMT, "Tenex" wrote:

stuart noble wrote:
BigWallop wrote in message ...
I personally don't like them, tried two different ones belonging to
work mates, who also don't like them, and found that they don't have
the OOMPH you need to do any real work with them. Although, saying
that, they were good enough for cutting a couple of inch by inch
wooden stakes in garden, but they fell over when tried on anything
bigger.

They seem to be advertised as "trimming" saws, whatever that means. I
wouldn't fancy your chances with 18mm mdf.

They are advertised as having a maximum cut depth of 38mm so in theory they
should cope easily - it's the practice that worries me. ;-)

I have a champion (Focus own brand I think) that I paid 25 pounds for
including 2 batteries. Coped fine cutting 30mm worktop with a full
charge, but cutting thicker stuff seems to drain the battery fairly
rapidly.

--
John