Posted to alt.home.repair
Cue

Default Box Spring won't go upstair

On 23 Feb 2006 14:37:55 -0800, wrote:

| BiloxiBoy wrote:
| Back when before I retired from the A.F., I was stationed in Holland.
| Had the same situation with a queen box spring. Had to remove a window
| from an upstairs bedroom. Otherwise, it just wasn't gonna go!!
|
| Had an aunt, about 10 years ago, same sort of situation with a sofa for
| a family room.
|
| Finally had to actually remove window and all framing and just barely
| got the thing in the house and then replace the window. Luckily there
| were several relatives who had some building experience.

We did that when we put a sofa into our second-floor TV room. It went
up a ladder and through the window easily (after the delivery people
tried for two hours to get it up the stairs -- I told 'em it wouldn't
fit and to use the window, but noooooo).

We recently replaced the sofa with two recliners and instead of using
two men, a ladder, and the window, I got out my reciprocating saw and
just chopped it up into pieces and took them all down the stairs
myself,