Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark

Default Help: Plywood Panel to thin

I thought that "space balls" were to take up the vertical and horizontal
slack/space on a panel and allow movement. I don't think they are to be
used to fill the space front-to-back on a panel, but I suppose they could be
used that way. Anyone ever do this?

Correct slots, as you mentioned below, would have been good, however I
wanted to use the new "frame & panel" router bit set I just got....and you
can't adjust the slot on those things....at least I don't believe you can
without a whole lot of messing around.

Mark

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
"Space Balls".... look he

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...GMHDDADADADBDB

or the correct size slots...

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...slot%20cutters

Mark wrote:

I've nearly completed my first set of frame & panel doors for a vanity
using a set of matching frame-and-panel router bits (first time using
these bits). I've gotten to the point of assembling the doors and
installing the 1/4" plywood panel, but the plywood panel is about 0.20
inches thick where as the slot for the panel is 1/4 of