Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 04:38:25 +0000, Pooh Bear wrote:
John Larkin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:17:53 -0800, "Richard Henry"

The first car I owned I never changed the oil. I just put in a half-quart
every time I filled the gas tank.

Yeah, I had a British car too.

Yawn...........

Very tired joke indeed.

Not necessarily a joke - when I was in the USAF, there was some weird jet
plane that, when it came back from a flight, the ground crew would climb
up on the wings and pour about 6 quarts of oil into each engine's oil tank -
apparently, this engine injected oil into its turbine bearings and just
let it blow away - that was normal operation.
http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero...artin_eb57.htm

And I think it's fairly well-known that Fords will last forever, as long
as you can afford to keep them oiled. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

--
Elect Me President in 2008! I will:
A. Fire the IRS, and abolish the income tax