Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Funny new book - "CrapCars"

* wrote:
Rex B wrote in article

By that I meant it had good geometry. With proper bushings, good shocks
and springs, it would handle with the best of them.

You, obviously, never had to align a Vega......

The top of the spring towers usually migrated inward toward the engine, and
one would need to chain the fenderwell down, and jack up the chassis to get
the top of the spring tower (and the upper control arm mounts) back
near-abouts into correct position where shims would work.

I built a number of spreader bars that went over the engine and connected
the tops of both spring towers. A section of one-inch threaded rod built
into the spreader bar allowed for "fine-tuning"............

We always quoted a half-day's labor for Vega alignments.........

Oh, you mean like a Mustang - 1965-1970?