Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Funny new book - "CrapCars"

Rex B wrote:

wrote:
I hate to admit this, but when I was poor, young and dumb in the
mid-70's I owned two of the cars in this book - 1974 Mustang II and
1973 Chevy Vega.

I had a 1976 "Mach I" for a couple years, first new car I every bought.
Wasn't a bad car, for the time.

I'd still buy a Cosworth Vega if I were to happen upon one. A good
friend is restoring one.
Surprisingly, even a stock base model Vega was a pretty good handler.

Vega GT was a very pleasant little car all around, until you put your foot
through the rusted-out floorboard or your head through the rusted-out roof
or your hand through the rusted-out door . . .

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate