Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
knowone

Default Miller Syncrowave

Okay Jon.

I appreciate your input about the Lincoln.

After examination, perhaps I was a bit extemporaneous so I will make an
exception and not be so exact to exclude Lincoln and will expand and extend
my exploration expeditions expeditiously to express, for example, that any
machine exhibiting the qualities of Miller Syncrowave or Lincoln Squarewave
would not be excluded from my searching.

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
knowone wrote:
Want Syncrowave in Texas.

Thanks.

Seems to be a popular "gotta have it". I got a
Lincoln SquareWave TIG 300, and it is totally incredible.
I've proved to myself that I can weld aluminum, but I still
need a big project to develop the skills on. But, I TIG'ed
mild steel and had the technique down in about half an hour.
I recently had occasion to weld pure copper, and that was
some kind of cool! It is so conductive you have to be
a little careful or you'll melt the whole part, but the
first and only copper part I have ever done looked like it
was welded by a pro!

Mine came with a thumb control taped to the torch, and I found
I couldn't control the torch accurately while I was twiddling
the current. So, I took the control off the torch and made a
wood pedal adaptor that the control clips into. That works
a lot better for me, and allows me to hold the torch just
the way I want to, as well.

The Lincoln SquareWave is a huge box, and heavy to ship, so
that is a drawback. But, if you can find one nearby, it sure
is a fine machine.

Jon