Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Jeff McCann

Default Bill Maher

"kurgan" wrote in message
ups.com...

Greylock wrote:

This is funny as hell. Bill Mahar is a riot.

Opions vary.

Personally I sorta think referring to American soldiers as "cowards"
is way beyond the pale.

That he wasn't taken off the air permanently is a travesty and a
damned shame.

Whoa. Let's get this straight. He didn't call American soldiers
cowardly. He
objected to the (stupid) remark by Dubya that the Qaedas who flew planes
into the WTC were "cowards." Mahar was right. They weren't cowards. They
were murders and nutbags, but not cowards.

What he DID say, in response, is this: "We have been the cowards lobbing
cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the
airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not
cowardly."

That is exactly what he said and both he - and you - can kiss
America's ass.

He's right. Flying cruise missiles into a foreign country at no risk to
ourselves, simultaneously puffing ourselves up for courage and moral
certitude while calling suicide attacks "cowardly," is
self-congratulation
going over the top. Conservative commentator Dinesh D'Souza also
objected to
the characterization of the WTC attackers as cowards. Stupid is stupid,
and
self-congratulation is self-congratulation, no matter which side of the
political spectrum you're on.

Let's make it clear again: Mahar did NOT say American soldiers are
cowards.
He said the leaders who flew cruise missiles into the enemy are
(relatively
speaking, or absolutely, as you choose) cowards. And he included all of
us
in the indictment, because it's our government.

That is exactly what he said and both he - and you - can kiss
America's ass.

All you have provided is his "after the fact" attempt to squirm out of
the firestorm he created by his own arrogant assininity.

Maher's right about the 9/11 perpetrators. They were actually brave.
Misguided, but brave.

I tend to think someone is "misguided" when they think it's OK to shoplift
or park in a "no parking" zone. It's an awfully mild way to describe
fanatical, mass-murdering fundamentalist terrorists. As for "brave," I tend
to apply that to those who overcome fear and danger to do waht needs to be
done, not those who were stupid enough to beleive that their mass-murdering
of infidels would earn them a spot in paradise with 72 virgins, although
their actions took some guts.

As for Maher, his comedy is often spot-on political commentary masquarading
as comedy, as is Jon Stewart's on the Daily Show. Bush bring out the best
in both. No one can create material like that.

He's also right about our leaders are cowards. Only 1 politician in
Washington has a son or daughter serving in Iraq. They don't mind
sending your sons over there, but they won't send their own.

Many are veterans themselves, just not most of the NeoCons. Moreover, a
parent cannot make a child enlist. I don't understand calls to "send" the
Bush daughters to fight in Iraq, for example.

Jeff