Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Jon Elson

Default Miller Syncrowave

knowone wrote:
Want Syncrowave in Texas.

Thanks.

Seems to be a popular "gotta have it". I got a
Lincoln SquareWave TIG 300, and it is totally incredible.
I've proved to myself that I can weld aluminum, but I still
need a big project to develop the skills on. But, I TIG'ed
mild steel and had the technique down in about half an hour.
I recently had occasion to weld pure copper, and that was
some kind of cool! It is so conductive you have to be
a little careful or you'll melt the whole part, but the
first and only copper part I have ever done looked like it
was welded by a pro!

Mine came with a thumb control taped to the torch, and I found
I couldn't control the torch accurately while I was twiddling
the current. So, I took the control off the torch and made a
wood pedal adaptor that the control clips into. That works
a lot better for me, and allows me to hold the torch just
the way I want to, as well.

The Lincoln SquareWave is a huge box, and heavy to ship, so
that is a drawback. But, if you can find one nearby, it sure
is a fine machine.

Jon