Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott

Default Funny new book - "CrapCars"

Rex B wrote:

wrote:

I hate to admit this, but when I was poor, young and dumb in the
mid-70's I owned two of the cars in this book - 1974 Mustang II and
1973 Chevy Vega.

I had a 1976 "Mach I" for a couple years, first new car I every bought.
Wasn't a bad car, for the time.

I'd still buy a Cosworth Vega if I were to happen upon one. A good
friend is restoring one.
Surprisingly, even a stock base model Vega was a pretty good handler.

Really? Mine handled like a boat -- perhaps because it's a station
wagon. It'll be getting a _firm_ anti-sway bar when it gets back on the
road (with a 3.4 liter V6 from Chevy High Performance, assuming they're
still available when I get the dang thing done).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/