Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.disability.transport
fred

Default Mobility scooter beeper.

In article ,
writes
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:16:00 GMT, fred wrote:

In article , Andy Hall
writes
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:44:22 GMT, "dave" wrote:

If I remember correctly on the wifes TGA superlight I removed a link which
stopped the horn when reversing but allows the horn to work when the button
is pushed. check with a maintenance/repair company who will be able to tell
you if yours can be disabled.

Dave

The only thing I wonder about that is whether there is a requirement
to have this operative if it being driven on the road. IIRC, one has
to have an orange flashing light on a pole for that?

My father's one, which is more like a golf buggy is a pavement type
and has a button operated horn but not a reversing beeper.

Quite the reverse sorry, it's only HGVs that are allowed/required to have
reversing beepers for road use. Perhaps it's the pavement use that makes
it necessary or a selling point by the manufacturer.

My car has a reversing beeper and was made that way and so does the
replacement car I have coming next week. It is a big car but hardly an
HGV;-)

What is it pete, I'm sure I've heard of someone being done for having one
on an ordinary car, as being against construction & use regs.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla