Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Paper shredder-recomendation

wrote in message
oups.com...

Still, I suppose we're supporting the shredder industry and keeping a
few people in jobs. They seem to be this years "must have" gadget.

MBQ

I don't know where you live but in London I know of at least 2 cases of
identity fraud with friends of friends. I've also had my bin contents
lifted and my credit cards scammed twice. The last time they even had
my home telephone number which they provided to the retailer! My father
had his credit card scammed. When I was at my sister's flat in central
London we caught a guy rifling through her bin bags - and no, he wasn't
a tramp. I'm not taking any chances.

I suggest living somewhere where people don't want what you have!

Mary

The moon perhaps? ;-)

I love where I live and it's not exactly a big deal to shred some
waste. I don't sit here sweating about it. It's no more than locking my
door when I leave the house, just something you do without too much
thought.

shrug

Everyone needs a hobby. Some root through bins, some sit shredding paper.

I do neither, Spouse shreds, I use the shredding in the compost (or as
bedding for the hens then the compost), we both enjoy the produce.

Mary