Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
J. Clarke

Default Speaking of tool thefts...

John DeBoo wrote:

It's not one I recall from the normal pak of that ilk. The ads in
general show a make over from a dilapidated barn to a beautiful home.
That's not what this show did but what it shows as their general
advertising blurb. Its some realty company who buys cheap, fixes up
then sells homes.

No safety msg (common sense though) was posted. It took a serious
cavalier attitude towards alcohol, vigilantism and guns. I can live
with vigilantism in some extreme cases but guns and alcohol don't mix
and advocating such in a nationwide TV show was totally irresponsible on
the part of the network (which one I didn't take note of). If I locate
it again I'll write to them for sure to voice my displeasure over their
stupidity to air that segment.

Are you sure this incident wasn't intended to be a dig at firearms owners?

Grandpa John

Scratch Ankle wrote:
Which show was that. I'll make a point of not watching it. I presume
there wasn't the obligatory, "don't try this at home" safety message.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate