Posted to rec.woodworking
Warren

Default Ordering Grizzly from Busy Bee

"Upscale" wrote in message
And what happens if you do need service or parts? Getting them up from the
US is certainly going to be more time consuming and costly that getting

them
from a local supplier.

I've talked to General reps a woodworking shows up here in Canada and to a
person, they all are prepared to put time and effort into satisfying a
customer's needs.

I'm definately not worried about having to take the occasional trip down
to pick up the odd part now and again. I only do this for fun, and if it's
going to take a little longer for a part to get to me...oh well.
As far as the General "customer service" you mention, my local wood
supplier had a horror story about his experience with them which cost them a
lot of down time and they lost a customer because of it. In fact...I believe
this was a large industrial planer they had ordered and they had a couple of
problems with it. They had given up on the General, ordered one from another
company, received it, needed a part replaced which also showed up two days
before the part they needed for the General showed up. Needless to say they
sent back the General and won't do business with them again.
Although this might be a one in a thousand incident, anything can happen
and I really don't think any amount of customer service is worth paying
double for the machine.

Please guys, I was only offering up some info regarding the problems
with getting a Grizzly product up here and while I appreciate the points and
advice being offered, I have done my research on what is available locally
and the pros simply don't outweigh the cons.

Warren.