Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Plywood Panel to thin

Mark wrote:
I've nearly completed my first set of frame & panel doors for a
vanity using a set of matching frame-and-panel router bits (first
time using these bits). I've gotten to the point of assembling the
doors and installing the 1/4" plywood panel, but the plywood panel is
about 0.20 inches thick where as the slot for the panel is 1/4 of an
inch making for a very SLOPPY fit.

I'm thinking of gluing a strip of wood to the back side of the
plywood panel along the perimeter and then running it through my
planer to mill it down to 1/4 of an inch...essentially increasing the
thickness of the panel along its perimeter. I'm not sure if this is
the best solution.

Good as any.

What do you guys do to fill this gap to create a panel that fits
snugly into the slot?

Cut the groove the right size

--
dadiOH