Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:23:24 -0800, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:17:53 -0800, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

The first car I owned I never changed the oil. I just put in a

half-quart
every time I filled the gas tank.

Yeah, I had a British car too.

Actually, it was a 10-year-old VW Beetle.

I bought it for about $600, spent about $30 on repairs, and sold the engine
a couple of years later for $250.

I've only had four cars so far, the first two British and the next two
German. The brits leaked, and the germans didn't.

It's like the motorcycle thing. The classic British bikes had
vertically-split crankcases and shook like pile drivers, so of course
they leaked. The Japanese bikes had horizontally-split cases, so that
the seam wasn't under oil, and ran like sewing machines.

John