Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:27:54 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:07:39 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:49:28 -0700, Mark Fergerson
wrote:

We simply cannot wield energies on natural scales.

Mr. Larkin thinks that washing his car will cause an ice age.

I think he's being just the least bit sarcastic.

No, I think that, if climate is a chaotic system, the tiniest
disturbance will propagate to complete changes of state.

It's interesting that the "climate change" crowd (formerly known as
the "global warming" crowd) now warn us of a "tipping point" where
added CO2 will trip a positive feedback mechanism and cause either
intense warming, or an ice age, I'm not sure which.

John

The name "climate change" came about when they suddenly realized they
didn't know **** ;-)

...Jim Thompson

One candid climate researcher said something like "Not only do we not
know the magnitudes of major couplings, we don't even know their
signs."

John