Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Default LeBlond chuck base plate needed 2-3/8" x 5 tpi

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:38:00 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:

Hi Guys.
I finally offloaded the 1920 LeBlond lathe that has been in my basement
for around 8 years.
I gave it to a friend who has more time and space than I .
He already has it up and running.
His problem is getting chuck baseplates that fit the main arbor.
It uses a 2-3/8" x 5 tpi thread.
It came with 1 dogplate.

What I need is either a source for baseplates with that thread or
somebody willing to cut some nuts with that thread, that later can be
welded to some heavy steel discs.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've cut a 5 internal thread before on my 11"x24" Delta, but I'm too
far away. You need the ability to try it, or even better a dummy
spindle nose with the same length and register dimensions so it
doesn't need to be dismounted to try the threads. Of course, you need
the same threading capability for either.

Good luck.

Pete Keillor